Saturday, December 21, 2019

Why did sunrise/sunset message change?


Dec. 21, 2019

On the National Weather Service forecast page for a location, there is a tab for sunrise/sunset times. A month or so ago, when I used it, it said it wouldn't be available until the end of the fiscal year because they ran out of funds. A couple of weeks later, it said it would not be available after a certain date because they would be updating computer systems. Now, when I try it, I get a message from my browser:

"We can’t connect to the server at aa.usno.navy.mil."

Because it has happened so much under this administration, I have to wonder if the administration thought if it is unavailable because of lack of funding, it would look bad, so they directed the change in wording, and what is the truth?



No comments:

Post a Comment