Saturday, December 21, 2013

Slain Benghazi teacher Ronnie Smith's widow: I 'love' and 'forgive' his killers

They sound like they have true religion, not like so many who are faux Christians/Muslims/etc.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/21/21994804-slain-benghazi-teacher-ronnie-smiths-widow-i-love-and-forgive-his-killers?lite

By Eric M. Johnson, Reuters
Dec. 21, 2013

The widow of an American teacher shot dead by gunmen in Libya two weeks ago said on Friday that she forgave the men who attacked her husband, whom she described as a devout Christian.

-----

"I just really want them to know that I do love them and I forgive them," she said, adding Ronnie would want the same.

Smith was described by friends and students at the international school in the eastern Libyan city as caring and helpful.

-----

In the interview, Anita Smith cast her husband's purpose in the North African country in religious terms.

"I just want them to know that God loves them and can forgive them for this ... I don't know them. That's how I honestly feel," she said.

"What I want people to know about him ... he wanted to shine the light and the love of Jesus to the Libyan people ... he really did," she said.

------

No comments:

Post a Comment