Friday, February 19, 2021

I was invited for a covid vaccine because the NHS thought I was 6cm [2.4 in] tall

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/invited-covid-vaccine-because-nhs-19857990?utm_source=nsday&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NSDAY_180221

ByLiam Thorp
14:27, 17 FEB 2021Updated17:14, 17 FEB 2021

When I received a text saying it was time for my first Covid-19 vaccine I was really surprised - but what came next was frankly surreal.

I'm 32 years old with no underlying health conditions, and while I could be described as on the chunky side, I wouldn't have thought of myself as clinically obese (even after lockdown).



•••••

The man from the surgery took a sharp intake of breath and tried to remain composed as he informed me that rather than having my height registered as six foot two, it had been put into the system as 6.2 centimetres [2.4 inches].

I'm not sure how he kept it together when he told me that this, combined with my weight, had given me a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 28,000.

For reference, a BMI of 40 or more is considered morbidly obese - so I'm not sure what this would have made me.

•••••


No comments:

Post a Comment