Sunday, December 30, 2018

Jared Kushner 'admitted Donald Trump lies to his base because he thinks they're stupid'


I doubt this is news to anybody who reads my blog, putting it here so I can find it for reference.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jared-kushner-apos-admitted-donald-102800653.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=fb&fbclid=IwAR3D5dVGJFnUw_U_-phCdr6uKGMoYvRHTbD2JSscUGDxVhcxdqiSw9nbZbY

Maya Oppenheim
,The Independent•May 31, 2017

Donald Trump lied to his Republican base and thought they were so stupid they would believe it, according to Jared Kushner.

Mr Kushner, a property developer who is both President Trump’s senior advisor and son-in-law, reportedly made the remarks after he was challenged about Mr Trump’s prolonged interrogation over whether Barack Obama was born in the US.

•••••

The former New York Observer editor has now claimed that Mr Kushner, the former publisher of the paper, informed her that Mr Trump did not believe the “birther” lies he was peddling.

“When I was the editor of the New York Observer, Kushner and I were going back and forth about how the paper should cover him,” Elizabeth Spiers wrote in a post on Twitter.

“I told Jared that I was particularly appalled by his father-in-law’s birtherism stance, which I viewed as cynical and racist.

“He rolled his eyes and said ‘He doesn’t really believe it, Elizabeth. He just knows Republicans are stupid and they’ll buy it’”.

•••••

No comments:

Post a Comment