Wednesday, August 12, 2020

We need poll workers!!!


Tues., Aug. 12, 2020


Worked at the polls yesterday, helped set up Mon.


The country very much needs more poll workers!

Most poll workers are older, retired people.  Many have decided not to work at the polls this year because of Covid, esp. those at higher risk, which a lot of people our age are.  I myself considered for a long time whether to work, not just because of my age, but I also have asthma.  I was sick this spring, possibly Covid.  Not a terrible case, but of course it was worrisome while I was sick whether it might get severe.  I was going to get a test, but had a flat tire on the way, and never made it.  So I hope I have some immunity, and of course I wear a mask and do social distancing.


The result is that we have had fewer locations and times for advanced voting,  fewer places to vote on election day, understaffed locations for those which are open.  And the general election in November is very important, and is sure to have a lot of people voting!


Even if you are still working, consider doing what I did and take a day off to do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment