Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Senior pass for federal parks and forests



What is the Senior Pass?

A $10.00 lifetime pass that provides access to more than 2,000 recreation sites managed by five Federal agencies, with up to 100% of the proceeds being used to improve and enhance visitor recreation services.


Who qualifies for the Senior Pass?

U.S. citizens or permanent residents who are 62 years or older. (You must have turned 62 before you can buy the pass).

NOTE: Owning property or paying taxes in the U.S. does not automatically qualify you for a Senior Pass. You must be a permanent U.S. resident, or a U.S. citizen with identification such as U.S. Driver's License, Green Card or U.S. Passport.
Are Golden Age Passports still valid?

Yes, Golden Age Passports are valid for a lifetime.


Where can I use my Senior Pass?

Please contact a site directly if you have a question about pass acceptance and fees.

The Forest Service, the National Park Service, Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management, USACE, and Bureau of Reclamation honor the Senior Pass at sites where Entrance or Standard Amenity Fee(s) (Day use fees) are charged.

Bureau of Land Management http://www.blm.gov
Bureau of Reclamation http://www.usbr.gov
Fish and Wildlife Service http://www.fws.gov
USDA Forest Service http://www.fs.fed.us
National Park Service http://www.nps.gov
US Army Corps of Engineers http://www.usace.army.mil

In addition, the Tennessee Valley Authority may honor the Senior Pass for entrance or camping discounts.


Can I use my Senior Pass at state parks or local city/county recreation sites?

No. The Senior Pass is valid only at participating Federal recreation sites. Visit http://www.recreation.gov for information about Federal recreation sites.


No comments:

Post a Comment