Friday, March 28, 2014

When Health Care Providers Compete

When I didn't have health insurance & needed cataract surgery, which I had to pay for myself, I asked my surgeon how much it would cost. He gave me an estimate, but the actual price was a good bit higher because of costs that he did not control, such as hospital & anaesthetic charges.

http://www.aarp.org/health/health-insurance/info-2014/health-care-provider-competition.html

by Stephanie Stephens, AARP Bulletin, March 2014

-----

Then Vicki's husband, Jim, a retired chiropractor, found MediBid.com, an online service where doctors and facilities can bid for a patient's business. Patients pay $25 for one medical "request" or can make unlimited requests for $4.95 per month during a 12-month period.

-----

No comments:

Post a Comment