Thursday, October 20, 2011

NPR Gets Radio Host Fired for Occupying

I'm so glad I didn't make a contribution to NPR. Usually what happens when I have made one is that they air something, for the good of their corporate donors, within a few days that makes me regret my contribution.

NPR

Thursday 20 October 2011
by: David Swanson

National Public Radio on Wednesday discovered that a woman named Lisa Simeone who produced a show about opera called "World of Opera" had been participating in a nonviolent occupation of Freedom Plaza in Washington, D.C., organized by October2011.org. That same day, NPR persuaded a company for which Simeone worked to fire her, cutting her income in half and purging from the so-called public airwaves a voice that had never mentioned politics on NPR.

[...]

..

No comments:

Post a Comment