Thursday, December 31, 2009

html

I really am irritated by whoever decided to "deprecate" easy ways of formatting html, and try to force people to do everything with css. I'm happy that the deprecated things still work. For someone like me, who only wants to use it to occasionally set some lines of text to bold, or a different color or size, it's ridiculous to take away an easy way that works and replace it by a complicated way that I would have to relearn every time I use it, because I wouldn't use it often enough to remember. Making things harder is anti-progress. Maybe it makes it easier for experts to justify higher salaries, but I'm not going to hire someone to format my blog entries, so it just makes life harder for me. And I am very probably much more technically knowledgeable than the average person who writes a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment