Friday, August 14, 2009

Hiring International Employees

The University of Pittsburgh
Office of International Services

What Employers Should Know About Hiring International Students


Doesn't an employer have to prove that international students are not taking jobs from a qualified American?
No. American employers are not required to document that a citizen of another country did not take a job from a qualified American if that person is working under an F-1, J-1, or H-1B visa. Employers must document that they did not turn down a qualified American applicant for the position only when they wish to hire foreign citizens on a permanent basis and sponsor them for US law permanent resident status (“green card”).

No comments:

Post a Comment