Wednesday, August 05, 2020

We are all fallible

Aug. 5, 2020

I was at the voting equipment training yesterday, and someone was telling people that there are no absentee ballots for this election. I told her otherwise, but I don't think she accepted it. She said she was told that some forms would not be printed because there would not be enough people voting in the runoff to make it worthwhile. I take that to mean it is expected that you have enough left over from the primary for what is expected to be needed. She got the understanding that there would be no absentee ballots issued for the runoff. When I voted today at early voting, in Suwanee, I noticed they had a box there for people to drop off their mail-in ballots. Poll workers are human beings and misunderstandings and mistakes will happen, just like to all of us.

Sadly, that doesn't keep people, including the media, from demonizing any mistake.

I'll be working at the polls next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment