Wednesday, January 01, 2020

I'm using all my strength to fight climate change, says Merkel

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-climatechange-idUSKBN1YY1IF?fbclid=IwAR3Iz4DDCaS5zoXf4ZZHr6n4ebHnJsLQHKgmV3V6wzzWPpmzLPmbAQ33ACM

December 30, 2019 / 6:05 PM

German Chancellor Angela Merkel said in a her New Year’s message she is fighting climate change with all her strength to enable future generations to live in peace and prosperity.

•••••

“At 65, I am at an age at which I personally will no longer experience all the consequences of climate change that will occur if politicians do not act,” the chancellor said.

“It will be our children and grandchildren who have to live with the consequences of what we do or refrain from doing today. That is why I use all my strength to ensure that Germany makes its contribution - ecologically, economically, socially - to getting climate change under control.”

•••••

No comments:

Post a Comment