Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Trump says he ‘totally disagrees’ with Georgia Gov. Kemp’s decision to reopen businesses in the middle of coronavirus pandemic


It's obvious to many of us that the reason for Kemp's decree is to keep people from being able to claim unemployment benefits.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/22/trump-says-he-totally-disagrees-with-georgia-gov-kemps-decision-to-reopen-businesses-in-the-middle-of-coronavirus-pandemic.html

Noah Higgins-Dunn, Lora Kolodny
Published Wed, Apr 22 2020 7:35 PM EDT

U.S. President Donald Trump said Wednesday he “totally disagrees” with Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp’s phase 1 plans to reopen tattoo parlors, bars, hair salons and other nonessential businesses this week.

Trump said Kemp’s decision violates the phase 1 guidelines the White House announced last week that recommends states wait to ease social distancing restrictions until there’s widespread testing and a low level of community transmission. Trump said he respects Kemp’s right as a governor to make his own decision.

Kemp is allowing tattoo parlors, spas, hair salons or barbershops, movie theaters and bowling alleys to reopen this week so long as they, and their patrons, follow physical distancing orders and other guidelines, Kemp announced on Monday.

“Maybe you wait a little bit longer until you get to a phase 2. So do I agree with him? No, but I respect him and I will let him make his decision,” Trump said at a White House press conference. “Would I do that? No ... But I’m going to let him make his decision, but I told him, I totally disagree.”

•••••
================================

From a Facebook post:

From a small business owner in Georgia...

"Here’s the deal.
Kemp mandates restaurants reopen, whether I reopen dining rooms or not.

I file for business interruption insurance, it does not go through since I am “allowed” to operate full capacity.

My landlord can demand all their money, since I am allowed to fully operate.
Furloughed staff that is collecting unemployment insurance have to come back to work or I have to let them go. There unemployment insurance then goes on my tab.

If things blow up again, they are still on my tab not on the states, since they are no longer employed.

Guys, this is about screwing the working class and small business, not about helping us.
Thank you so much to everyone that voted this malignant tumor into office."



No comments:

Post a Comment