Friday, May 17, 2013

More sleep may decrease the risk of suicide in people with insomnia

No surprise to me. I have found that if I don't get enough sleep, I am prone to depression when under stress that I can handle when I am more well-rested.

http://www.aasmnet.org/articles.aspx?id=3880

American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Wednesday, May 15, 2013

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT: Lynn Celmer

DARIEN, IL – A new study found a relationship between sleep duration and suicidal thoughts in people with insomnia.

Results show that every one-hour increase in sleep duration was associated with a 72 percent decrease in the likelihood of moderate or high suicide risk, in comparison with low risk. Data were adjusted for age, gender, race/ethnicity, education and age of onset of sleep difficulties.

-----

No comments:

Post a Comment