Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Alabama state Senator dropped from voting rolls

Hank Sanders is an Alabama state Senator, from Selma. He was denied the right to vote in the Alabama elections today, Sept. 18, 2012.

This is not the first time in recent years that a long-time African-American politician found he had been dropped from the rolls when he went to vote. I haven't heard of it happening to a Caucasian politician.

https://www.facebook.com/glynn.wilson

Hank Sanders
They would not let me vote today. I have lived at the same address for 32 years and voted every election. Now my name is no longer on the voting rolls. When we called the board of registrars today to look into it, they said my address of record was not my home address, but was instead an address that I had never heard of before. So they would not allow me to vote today, and I ended up casting a provisional ballot.

No comments:

Post a Comment