Monday, June 20, 2011

Busy with music

I might be providing a reduced number of posts for a day or two, because I'm trying to get set up to be able to sell my songs on ReverbNation.
Right now they are only available for streaming.
Eg, I have to find out if my PayPal account is active, and if so, my user id.
Stuff like this almost always takes longer than I think it will. I started to do it before, but ran out of time. (Don't have internet at home, so I am limited by the battery of my NetPad, and the hours of the library, restaurant, or internet cafe.)

You can see what I have already at
http://www.reverbnation.com/patriciashannon

On "Spirit, Draw Near", Ernie, the vocalist for the Georgia Gospelites, was singing the first verse twice, instead of singing my 2nd verse. I wondered if he didn't like it, although I didn't see any problem with it. I finally asked him about it, and he hadn't gotten the 2nd verse. So I hope to get a recording eventually with it. They don't perform very often, so I don't know when this will happen. You can see the lyrics for each of my songs at ReverbNation.

============================================================================

Ok, I have gotten to the point where I got the info entered for the ReberbNation store, and clicked the "ok" button, and the little busy circle is going around and around and around ...

=============================================================================

I'm remembering why I gave up before. I finally cancelled the thing. Trying to see if any of my musician friends have been able to do this.

============================================================================

Tried again, and this time it finished. Now to get the store stocked :)

================================================================

Sigh. Now I'm having to register for an ISRC code.

===============================================================

Turned out I don't need the ISRC code to get my music in the ReverbNation store.
I'm happy, because it takes a day for ISRC to process the transaction and get me set up.
It looks like a good thing to have, and that I can go back later and add a code to my Reverbnation songs.

==============================================================================================

Misunderstood something, and deleted my songs from the store, thinking I could link from my artist page.
Was only able to put one song back. Maybe there is a limit on how many can be done in one day?
I'll try again tomorrow.

Anyway, "The Oneness of Being" is available to listen to, download, or as a ringtone. I'll let you know how to get the ringtone when I find out ;)
The other songs are still available to listen to.

=======================================================================

Yeah, it let me add a couple more songs to the store.

======================================================================

Ok, all four songs are in the store and can be purchased.

If you want to, go to
http://www.reverbnation.com/patriciashannon

and click on the "VISIT STORE" button, above the list of songs.


..

No comments:

Post a Comment