Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I Love to Walk

I just got back from taking a walk to get a break from work. It's a beautiful sunny, breezy day, that reminded me of this poem/song I started writing on a day like today.

I Love to Walk
copyright 1996 Patricia M. Shannon

I love to walk with the wind in my face,
and the sun on my back so warm,
thru wild-flower meadows that sway in the breeze,
delighting my eyes on every side,
with treasures big and small.

I love to walk in a gentle rain
with the air so fresh and pure;
but my dog does not agree,
she doesn't like to put her feet
in grass that's damp with dew.

(chorus)
We love to walk, my dog and I,
where ever we can go,
up rocky hills, down country roads,
in do-good city walk-a-thons,
we love to be outdoors.

We love to walk in a shady woods
on a muggy summer's day,
surrounded by the sounds of life,
with birds and bees, crickets and frogs,
in harmonious counterpoint.

We'd even walk in shopping malls
if they'd let dogs in;
in winter it would be just great
to have a place with central heat
where we could stretch our legs.

(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment