Friday, December 18, 2009

My Most Hated Stuff

Since "The Sound of Music", one of my favorite movies, is associated with Christmas, I post this song for Christmas, which is sung to the tune of "My Favorite Things"
The beginning of this song started coming into my head when I was driving in Atlanta in the rain, as it was this morning on the way to work.
(And if you're not sure, yes it's supposed to be humorous :)

My Most Hated Stuff
copyright Patricia M. Shannon 2000
(to the tune of "My Favorite Things"
from "The Sound of Music")

Atlanta drivers, those honking tail-gaters,
who never slow down, whatever the weather,
people who turn up the sound way too much,
these are just some of my most-hated stuff.

Hot southern summers with no air-conditioning,
cold winter days without enough heating,
paychecks that run out 'cause they're not enough,
these are just some of my most-hated stuff.

(chorus)
Life is so short, that it is tough,
not to feel sad.
But I remember my most-hated stuff
and then I don't feel so bad :)

Swimsuits cut so high I don't dare to move,
painful deformed feet from pointy-toed shoes,
pantyhose that simply will not stay up,
these are just some of my most-hated stuff.

Changing the tires, adjusting the brakes,
comp-time I'm owed that they won't let me take,
jock itch that simply will never let up,
these are just some of my most-hated stuff!

(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment