Friday, July 03, 2009

The Worst CEOs Ever (SLIDESHOW)

Actually, these are CEO's from recent times.

http://www.businessinsider.com/worst-ceos-ever-2009-6

Kamelia Angelova|Jun. 5, 2009, 3:15 PM

A good comment:


TonyD said:
Jun. 08, 11:41 AM
I've worked at companies that kept secret new product innovations in order to maintain the high margin old product. I've worked at companies that spent time building "barriers to entry" in distribution channels by essentially implying that existing product would be cut off if a competitor's were distributed. I've worked at companies that had no concern for the customers, and did as little as possible in customer support. In all these cases, the executives made millions, and the companies were generally highly praised.

I guess I just wish that the metrics for judging a company included more stakeholders than just the stockholders. I view our society as a stakeholder, and consider financial metrics alone to be insufficient. In all the cases I mentioned, there is a real cost to society that really was only weighed against corporate gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment