Sunday, January 05, 2014

A Good Dream


http://www.reverbnation.com/patriciashannon/song/16414114-a-good-dream-secular



A Good Dream, secular version
copyright 1996 words by Gaillyn Thea Hope and Patricia M. Shannon
music by Patricia M. Shannon

This morning in the paper I read
a plane crash left 200 dead.
A father went berserk and killed his child.
And the weather today is going to be mild.

(chorus)
But I had a good dream last night,
peace and joy had conquered might.
Brothers and sisters all were we,
living together in harmony.
The best part of it for me
was no child lived in misery.
The whole world from war was free,
love had won the victory.

At noon I turned the radio on.
I heard of homeless people starved to the bone.
Crowds marching on poverty,
while rich CEO's got their salaries increased.

(chorus)

This evening on the TV was shown
a church and its congregation were bombed.
A thousand workers joined the unemployment line
seven strikers were killed on a picket line,
I sadly hung my head and I said,
"Is peace and love in the world really dead?"

(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment