Thursday, May 31, 2012

Oklahoma Doctor Refuses To Provide Rape Victim With Emergency Contraception

What I would like is for the fertilized egg to be implanted into that doctor. I suspect that one of the factors in the decrease in violent crime rates is that women have been able to get emergency contraception after being raped, so rapists are less likely to pass on their defective genes.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/05/31/492878/rape-victim-refused-emergency-contraception-in-oklahoma/?mobile=nc

By Annie-Rose Strasser on May 31, 2012 at 11:09 am

An Oklahoma emergency room doctor refused to provide emergency contraception to a 24-year-old female rape victim because the medication violated the health provider’s personal beliefs, a local CBS News affiliate reports. The hospital also denied the victim a rape kit, noting that it had no appropriate nurse on staff to administer the test.

“I will not give you emergency contraceptives because it goes against my beliefs,” the doctor allegedly told the rape victim and her mother, Rhonda. “She knew my daughter had just been raped. Her attitude was so judgmental and I felt that she was just judging my daughter,” Rhonda told the news station. Watch the segment:

No comments:

Post a Comment