Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Paypal gripe

I put a Paypal donation button on my web page, and tested it, making a donation with a credit card (Green Dot Visa).

But it turns out they won't let me accept it unless I provide my bank account number!

This makes Paypal useless to me, as it would negate the security precautions that Paypal would supposedly provide.

I wanted to use this in the hopes that I might get enough donations to be able to continue to make more demos of my songs. It costs about $200 to get a demo, and I'm retired and living on social security, so that's a lot of money for me.

The irony of life. When I was working, I didn't have enough time for my music, and when I'm not working, I don't have enough money for it!

If anybody would like to help me with this, please buy some downloads of my songs from Reverbnation, even if you don't want to listen to them :)
In at least one case (Waffle House Blues), the entire song is currently only available by a download. The streaming version is only part of the song. I would get 69 cents of each 99 cent download.

The song I want to recorded next is "Surplus Goods", which I will post now.

http://www.reverbnation.com/patriciashannon

I'll check out the Google donation service, and see if I can use that.
Same problem, I would have to give my bank account number, so they could make the deposits, and I don't want to do that.

A friend of mine recently got his bank account cleaned out by a thief, so I am even more security conscious now.

..

No comments:

Post a Comment