Friday, September 02, 2011

vos Savant on social responsibility


http://www.answers.com/topic/marilyn-vos-savant

Marilyn vos Savant's intelligence quotient (I.Q.) score of 228, the highest ever recorded,

[...]

And when asked if people with special gifts of intelligence felt an obligation to society, vos Savant replied: "I think it would be totally wrong of me to just reap the benefits of society while other people are out there digging the roads and building the schools and all of that. I wouldn't dream of it. However, I feel that we all have this responsibility and not just those of us who happen to be able to score well on intelligence tests. I think we all bear a great responsibility to give back to society. We can not give as much as we can gain. There's no way. Society is offering us so much. I don't think we could do enough to give it back, but I think we all bear a social responsibility and I think I bear one too.

..

No comments:

Post a Comment