Thursday, September 24, 2009

Some wishes

Star Light, Star Bright
copyright 1994 Patricia M. Shannon
(I wrote a verse a day on the way to work
when I had a long commute, and my car
radio didn't work)

(chorus)
Oh please, start light, star bright,
first star I see tonight, oh yes,
I wish I may and I wish I might
have the wish I wish tonight.

I wish the whole world would live at peace,
and no one hungry be, oh yes,
and every child would have a home
in a loving family.

I wish political candidates
would be less negative,
and the media would give some news
that is more positive.

(chorus)

I wish for tolerance for those
who are not hurting anyone.
And that people would be careful
where they put their chewed up gum!

I wish that people would behave the way
they would like others to.
Then highway 85 would be less like
a rabies-infested zoo!

(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment