Saturday, September 05, 2009

Growing Up or Growing Down?

I am posting this in dedication to the people who vote for my the U.S. representative for my district, Republican John Linder. After his town hall meeting Thursday, I will not worry for awhile about the prospect of the human race devastating itself, because being around a bunch of people like that make me feel the human race should become extinct as soon as possible. And of course those idiots are sure humans are not related to animals, and were specially created by the maker of this immense and marvelous universe.

Those people are traitors.

Growing Up or Growing Down?
copyright 1987 Patricia M. Shannon

Most people I know are like ants in a hill,
not thinking, just acting as part of the mass.
Like half-alive puppets they walk in a daze,
when they try to converse, they just talk in cliches.

They say they worship different gods,
sometimes none at all.
But their gods are all the same,
"everybody else" and monetary gain.

Mixed feelings I get when I play with a child,
so eager to learn and so ready to grow;
such sorrow I feel when I see how we crush children's spirits
in order to make them like us.

No comments:

Post a Comment