Monday, August 04, 2014

Publisher likes his book, can't take chance on publishing it.

Aug. 5, 2014
From a post on a Facebook group I'm in.

Same kind of thing is happening in music. When music or book publishers can't make a good profit, they can't afford to take chances on unknowns.

If you buy your books from Amazon, you are contributing to this.



It's over. I didn't happen. The answer was “no”. The publisher loved my book. He literally said, “I fell in love with your book”. He even said that he had read it twice. (Which I believe, because he commented on it with profound and exclusive detail) However, he said that the editorial cannot provide financial support to a new author. They only provide support to already-known authors. And well, even though they found my book first-rate, they couldn't take the risk of supporting me.
For now, I can't publish the book. I don't have the financial resources to pay them. And, it makes me so sad because they were also planning on releasing it in the USA and Canada.

•••••

No comments:

Post a Comment