Monday, June 01, 2009

Diabetic child's health care cut

This is a question posted less than 10 minutes ago on answers.yahoo.com
I hope someone can help these people. This breaks my heart.


Please need to know, has anybody else had their Carer's Payment cut when their diabetes 1 child turned 13?

Additional Details
My daughter still needs the same care with syringes, doses, night blood tests, behaviour problems with treatment. Paediatrician would not include behavioral problems on Doctors report the 2nd time because he did not want Centrelink bothering him. My request to have it addressed and reinstated has been declined three times now. Now I want to know is it worth continuing on to the Social Security Appeals Tribunal. If I am entitled I will, if not so be it and we will struggle on ourselves. 13 is too young to be responsible for diabetes 1. I do not go to work because my first priority is my daughter. My husband has just lost his job. I feel like the government does not value carer's at all and am very upset. Anyone who can tell me what is happening with their own family member with diabetes 1 and centrelink's Carer's Payments would give me a clearer picture of my own situation. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment