Monday, February 09, 2009

Marijuana Use Linked To Increased Risk Of Testicular Cancer

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090209075631.htm

ScienceDaily (Feb. 9, 2009) — Frequent and/or long-term marijuana use may significantly increase a man's risk of developing the most aggressive type of testicular cancer, according to a study by researchers at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. The study results were published online Feb. 9 in the journal Cancer.

The researchers found that being a marijuana smoker at the time of diagnosis was associated with a 70 percent increased risk of testicular cancer. The risk was particularly elevated (about twice that of those who never smoked marijuana) for those who used marijuana at least weekly and/or who had long-term exposure to the substance beginning in adolescence.

1 comment:

mamvas said...

Patricia

Very interesting your blog. I saw you in the comments on protectionism, on the website of Mark Thoma. But it is much. Not yet finished reading. I've linked your blog to mine
"Friends of the World"
In my blog. top right, I have some articles in English ..
I invite you to see what I write for
www.elblogsalmon.com
or, in my website
Jaque al Neoliberalismo
We are in contact

Greetings

Post a Comment