Friday, May 19, 2006

illegal immigration is not a capital offense

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12869693/

Federal authorities shot and killed the driver of a sport utility vehicle headed for Mexico Thursday after somebody reported seeing it pick up suspected illegal immigrants near the U.S. side of the Otay Mesa border crossing.
What in the world is going on here? I have some problems with the enormous numbers of Mexicans moving to the U.S., but illegal immigration certainly shouldn't be a capital offense. And this car was headed toward Mexico.

I notice that the accident that ended the career of a racehorse has been followed closely by the news media. I like animals, and I am interested in how this turns out. However, it seems like the press is giving more attention to this than to the killing (I would say murder) of someone because he he was suspected of transporting illegal immigrants.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't let them go back.

Somebody needs to mow my lawn dammit!

(joke)

Patricia said...

Very good :)

Post a Comment