Wednesday, March 15, 2006

UAE ports management


I disagree with those who say racism is  to blame for all of the opposition to the deal to hand over management of many U.S. ports to a company owned by the United Arab Emirates.  Human nature being what it is, some of it surely is due to racism.  But there are other reasons.  I would have at least as big a problem if the company were owned by China, which is a dictatorship that mistreats its citizens.  I wouldn’t have a problem if the company were owned by India or Mexico, because these are democracies.  They aren’t perfect, but neither are we.)  I know from experience that when I have feelings about such things, that I am not alone.

The silliness of objecting because two of the 9/11 terrorist came from the UAE has been pointed out by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment